2009年4月23日

The Fabulous Ceramics Designer(25)



isabelleabramson

"
I began working with clay in high school and then off and on through college. After getting a nursing degree I began working part-time as a nurse and making a more serious commitment to learning about ceramics. Last spring I set up my studio at the Stonybrook Fine Arts Building, in Jamaica Plain, and began selling my work. My current work is functional porcelain ceramics. Most of my pieces are modeled using found objects, modeling clay, wax, and plaster. Models are cast in plaster and each piece is slip cast using porcelain slip. Surfaces are then altered using a variety of techniques such as drilling, carving, scraffito, drawing, and painting. I try to create work that is technically unusual and outside the normal parameters of typical "pottery". I enjoy creating functional objects because it provides a commercially viable boundary to work within, and I believe that art should be a consideration of everyday life.I am 27 years old and live in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts (a lovely neighborhood in Boston)."

没有评论:

发表评论